One of the most frequent questions asked during client meetings is, “What happens to my IRA when I die?” In this episode we discuss:
- How a surviving spouse can handle an IRA
- Define eligible designated beneficiaries and the rules they follow.
- Discuss the 10-year rule for other beneficiaries.
- The problems with not naming beneficiaries on your IRA or retirement plan.
- Using a trust as a beneficiary
And don’t forget these rules apply to both traditional and Roth IRA’s.
Appearing in this video:
Michael Seese, CFP
Neal Watson, CFP
Check out Wealth Wednesday on: