The 401k is one of the best tools you can use to save for retirement. Payroll deductions make it an easy and automatic way to save and invest for your future. But there is a small problem. How do you know which funds to use? Some plans offer very few choices, and others may offer hundreds. Today we discuss what factors go into your decision when picking the funds in your 401k.
- 0:00 - Intro
- 0:54 – Where do you start?
- 2:28 – Narrowing down the list of choices into a good strategy for you.
- 4:15 - Keep it simple.
- 6:31 – Target Date Funds: What Are They.
- 7:34 – Target Date Funds: Common Mistakes People Make
- 8:42 – What can you do to get the most real-life value from your plan?
- 9:51 – You don’t have to do it alone. Help is available if you want it.
- 11:08 – Conclusion
Check out Wealth Wednesday on:
Appearing in this video:
Nikki Lude, CFP®
Neal Watson, CFP®
Do You Need Help WIth Your 401k?
Would you like to speak to one of our advisors about your 401(k) or another type of retirement plan? We would be happy to help you review your options and point you in a good direction. Fill out the form below, and one of our advisors will touch base with you.