When creating a financial plan, advisors assume a rate of return for the future. Many times, those assumptions are based on historical data. What happens to your plans if future returns aren’t just lower, but much lower than we expect? We’ll talk about:
- What could cause returns to be lower in the future
- How will it impact someone who is 5-7 years away from retirement?
- How will it impact someone who may retire in the next 12 months?
- How will it impact someone who has been retired for a few years?
- Does the 4% rule still work?