Today, we answer a question from a listener about trusts. Sarah asks: “My kids tell me I need to get a trust. I own my home, have an IRA and a couple of bank accounts. A trust seems complicated. Do I really need a trust?”
In this episode we will cover:
- Our Listeners question
- General guidelines for considering a trust.
- Does a trust make sense for our listener?
- What is the potential cost for a trust?
- If you are considering a trust, what questions should you ask an attorney.
- What other things can you do to avoid the probate process?