Divorce causes stress in many ways. Emotions run hot, and you must deal with many different aspects of life. Many times, the financial side may not get the attention it deserves. Today on Wealth Wednesday, we discuss how you can handle some of the financial aspects of divorce.
In this episode
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 0:49 – How will the division of assets impact your future?
- 2:05 – How to avoid Emotional mistakes
- 4:10 – Dividing a Retirement Plan using a QDRO
- 6:32 – Dividing Real Estate
- 9:58 – An example of creative planning to solve a problem
- 11:18 – Protecting child support and alimony
- 13:01 – Handling volatile assets
- 16:35 – Implications for Business owners
- 17:39 – Shares or dollars: How do you decide?
- 19:05 – How can women better prepare for this?
- 22:05 – Planning after the fact
Watch Now: The Financial Aspects of Divorce
Check Out Wealth Wednesday on These Platforms
Appearing in This Video
Todd Kimpel, CLU®, ChFC®
Todd is our most experienced financial advisor, helping clients for over 40 years. He is located in Wheeling, West Virginia.
Julie Daley, RICP®
Julie is our financial advisor in St. Clairsville, Ohio. She has been helping clients plan for their futures for over 15 years.
Neal Watson, CFP®
Neal is a Certified Financial Planner™ professional in Marietta, Ohio. He has been working with clients for over 25 years.
Commonwealth Financial Services has 6 offices in Ohio and West Virginia. Our team of nine financial advisors has over 130 years of combined experience. Click the button below, to learn more about us.
Have a question or a concern about your situation?
It costs nothing to have a conversation. If you would like to speak to a financial consultant about your situation, click the button to send us your questions or concerns.
Our most recent insights