During the retirement planning process, It is important to consider your Social Security benefits. But some of the planning goes beyond some of the basics. Today we want to share 4 things you need to know when thinking about your Social Security benefits.
- 0:00 – Intro
- 0:21 – Some key facts about Social Security
- 1:07 – 1. Your decision affects your spouse.
- 2:06 – 2. How income replacement works.
- 3:16 – 3. The cost-of-living adjustment
- 5:45 – 4. Earnings limits while receiving benefits.
- 6:42 – The importance of including Social Security in the Retirement Planning Process
- 7:52 – Will Social Security still be there for you?
- 8:52 – You control your destiny, but don’t ignore Social Security
- 11:14 – Wrap up
Check Out Wealth Wednesday on These Platforms
Or, Join Our Mailing List
Appearing in this Video:
|Tyler Szafran, CRPC® - Tyler joined our firm as a financial advisor in 2021. Prior to joining us, he worked for a large retirement plan provider helping participants answer their financial questions. Tyler is based in the Wheeling, West Virginia office.|
|Neal Watson, CFP® - Neal has been a financial planner since 1996 and earned his Certified Financial Planner™ designation in 1999. He joined the Commonwealth team in 2021. He is based in Marietta, Ohio.|
Learn more about our team of financial advisors. We have 6 offices in Ohio and West Virginia to help you find someone nearby to help you with your financial planning, retirement planning, and wealth management needs.
Are You Thinking About Your Retirement?
|We can help you plan for what lies ahead.. Complete the form and one of our financial advisors will contact you.
Remember, it doesn't cost you anything to have a conversation.
You can also email us at
Or call us at
Our team has over 130 years of combined experience helping people just like you plan for retirement. We have offices in Parkersburg and Wheeling, West Virginia. We also have offices in Athens, Marietta, St. Clairsville, and Woodsfield, Ohio.